Kitchen sink faucet base leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Talisker

Reaction score
I have Moen kitchen sink faucet which has small leak at the base on to granite every time you turn it on for about more than couple of minutes. Even after having black washer gasket at the base, it leaks around the washer gasket. If I were to replace a faucet with plate, would it still leak? Or is there a better solution? I have attached the pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 450
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 294

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
First find the source of the leak. Is it coming from the handle down to the base?

Asktom

Reaction score
The spout probably needs new O-rings. Pull the spout off, remove the 2 O-rings and match them up at the hardware store. I like to smear a little silicone grease on the new rings.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Make sure the hand held is on the hose tight. They tend to loosen.

The spout does not use two O-rings. It's a pull out spout with hand held.

index.php

Last edited:

Talisker

Reaction score
I had plumber check the handheld hose. It is very tight and hose is not wet. I had also called Moen and they suggested on changing out cartridge. But plumber changed out the whole faucet and it still has leak.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Some older Moen faucets had an internal "air gap" which would fail and cause a leak like that. IF yours is one of them, Moen sends an upgrade kit which eliminates it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks