3 questions regarding installation of a replacement assembly to stop a Jacuzzi leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

celife

Reaction score
jacuzzi-leak-near.jpgjacuzzi-leak-far.jpg

I recently purchased this assembly to repair a leak in my Jacuzzi: http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Heater-Union-Split-Nut-Assembly---2-P797C717.aspx

As I wait for it to arrive, I have 3 questions related to its installation:

1. Will the installation of this replacement assembly require PVC Primer & PVC Cement?

2. In the image “jacuzzi-leak-far.jpg” you can see that there doesn’t appear to be much space for the pipes to the right of this assembly to move to allow enough space or “give” to remove the old assembly and replace the new one. In your experience, do you think there will be space enough to remove it?

3. My first attempted solution was to stop the leak with JB Weld WaterWeld, which you can see in the pic “jacuzzi-leak-near.jpg”. I am wondering if loosening the black union will cause the white piece to its right to crack because the two or now fused (to some degree) by the WaterWeld. Or, do you think the WaterWeld seal will break apart under the torque of the black union being loosened?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
1. It will to connect the pipe to the "tailpiece"

2. No way to tell because we cannot see the rest of the piping.

3. The Water Weld may NOT crack, but since you have to cut the pipe anyway, cut it first and it will rotate as you remove the nut.

celife

Reaction score
1. It will to connect the pipe to the "tailpiece"

2. No way to tell because we cannot see the rest of the piping.

3. The Water Weld may NOT crack, but since you have to cut the pipe anyway, cut it first and it will rotate as you remove the nut.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks