dwv sizing

Users who are viewing this thread

anton

Reaction score
i'm installing a half bath...toilet & vanity....the vanity will be 1-1/4" to a 1-1/2' waste line...vented to the soil line vent.....can the toilet be a 3" flange/line to a 3" soil line and a 3" vent line....or is the toilet always a 4" flange and line........can the vent be 2"..... also a kitchen sink vent...can it be 1-1/2" or is 2" a minimum?

I live in massachusetts.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; upc....is it less restrictive than the international pc?

You[ve got to be kidding. The IPC is a "do whatever you want to" code. They cancelled their merger with the UPC when they discovered what they would have to do under the UPC.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
You live in mass. They have their own code. It's closer to the old BOCA code than anything else. At any rate, you need to hire a plumber. Mass won't allow you to do your own plumbing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks