installed new pressure switch, low pressure seems like tanks are not filling

Users who are viewing this thread

NJ Lady

Reaction score
two weeks ago installed a new pressure switch, emptied holding tanks refilled with 28PSI switch is registering 50 and dropping when water is turned on, seems like
holding tanks are not filling? Is this electrical or something else, what should I check next?:confused:

Reach4

Reaction score
That sounds normal to me. Expect the pressure to rise after the pressure drops to 30 PSI. The expect the pressure to rise back to 50, and the pump to kick off. At that point, the tanks are full again.

This presumes a 30-50 PSI pressure switch.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Bladder tanks hold so little water that it is hard to tell by feel if they are full or not. Let the tank fill until the pump shuts off, then measure in a bucket how many gallons you get out of a faucet before the pump restarts. That number along with the size of tank and we can tell you if it is working properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks