American plumber water softner

Users who are viewing this thread

Outside42

Reaction score
May some info could help us ,we had water softener and neutralizer installed water was acidic also hard they said to use blue bag salt that's what we use the problem is the water taste like crap salty and nasty we had all our old pipes removed and replaced with pex what would you guys say thanx

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
A softener should have a minimal affect of the tase of water. If you are getting a truly salty taste to the water, it should only occur after a regeneration if there is a problem with the softener and should clear up after running the water for a short amount of time. if you get salty water in the water heater, it will take considerably longer to get that cleared due to dilution issues. If your system produces salty water, you have a problem. Extended salty taste out of a softener would usually indicate a bad or missing riser o-ring, or a short manifold assembly.

We need more information to help you. A picture of the unit, water source (well or municipla), how old the unit is etc.

Hope this helps!

Outside42

Reaction score
It is a well .always salty taste and has a metal taste .nutr.is w 4 15a nf. Softener is w 430 f. Both American plumber

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 244

ditttohead

Reaction score
Always salty water from a well fed softener would probably be the well and not the softener. If a softener malfunctions and causes salty water, that will go away fairly quickly. Try bypassing the softener and see if anything changes.

ditttohead

Reaction score
Do you have a water report? Calcite and corosex can give the water a mineraly taste, even metallic. The softener adds sodium to the water in place of the Calcium, magnesium, etc. It takes a lot of sodium in the water to afffect taste.

Did they put the neutalizer before or after the softener?

What water testing equipment do you have? TDS meter, hardness test? anything?

Outside42

Reaction score
Yes I just sent it out .I know it was hard water with lots of magnesium should I try by passing water softner and only use nutrilzer ? I know we keep using salt and I put calcite in nutrilzer 6 months ago

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks