two faucets one drain sink...can i use faucets with standard popup drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

naadimre

Reaction score
vero sink.jpg

this is the sink we're installing. we're using the hansgrohe puravida faucets. i was wondering in this setup, do we just connect one of the popup drain assemblies and the other will be a dummy? the plumber seemed to think that since the drain is offset and not directly in front of the faucet, a touch or push drain would be better and not to use the popup drain at all.

thank you!

naadimre

Reaction score
i posted the wrong picture, this is the 39 inch sink. we're installing the 47 inch sink. thanks.

naadimre

Reaction score
just realized, i already purchased one faucet that has the pop-up assembly included and another that is without the assembly. looking at the faucet with the pop-up, the ball rod will be WAY too short. what do people normally do in this situation? is it easy to find a replacement extra long ball rod? the distance to cover will actually be about 12-13 inches!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The problem with a longer rod is that it has to travel a much longer distance to move the popup plug open and closed. Few faucet popups have room for that much travel. But to extend the rod, you use a proper sized "rod coupling with two set screws" and a piece of plain rod the proper length.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
He could drill the sink and add the pop-up in the middle, centered between the two faucets.

Or, I like what he mentioned about the push drain covers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks