Going to replace bladder tank anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

K Paterson

Reaction score
As you might have seen having other problems with my well, but my bladder tank is working flawlessly; however, it is 20+ yrs old and and going to replace it for piece of mind. Recommendation of the two

Currently: Goulds V60 20 Gallons
Drawdown 5.3g @40/60 psi

Option: Wellrite WR60 20 Gallons
Drawdown 5.9g 2 40/60

OR

Wellrite WR80 26 Gallons
Drawdown 7.7g @ 40/60 psi

Thanks for all the help

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Go with the best, install a Well X Trol. Put in the largest tank you can in order to limit pump cycles or try a CSV

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Thanks Craig. I have done enough testing to know that a pump strictly for a residence will cycle about the same number of times with an 80 gallon tank (25 gallon draw) as with a CSV and a 4.5 gallon pressure tank.

The big difference, other than cost, is when you are using water for irrigation, heat pumps, or anything else that runs water for long periods of time. Then the pump will just run continuously and not cycle at all with a CSV and the 4.5 gallon tank, which is good. The same pump with the 80 gallon tank and no Cycle Stop Valve can cycle up to 360 times in 24 hours, which is bad.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks