Toilet Options - The Squatty Potty

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
OK - Who here uses a Squatty Potty?

A quick Goggle Image Search found this stool sample (or candy bar sample) online

squatty-potty-bags.jpg

Photo: Source - Page

squatty-potty-toilet1.jpg

306745948_640.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
The Proper Way to Poo! - Yes, I said Poo

proper-poo.jpg

Photo: Source

So if you are a little squeamish you best stop reading this post. Not being able to curb my curiosity I had to test out the squatting position this morning. I used step stool instead of a squatty potty and honestly could feel and see no difference in my morning deposit.

The photo's above showcase a double output and that had me intrigued since often a morning movement is a double visit for me. Always has as long as I can remember. I'm going to try this squat position and see if makes a difference for me but after day one. I see no difference.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Going Poo in a Squat Hole Toilet - not very nice!

My wife and meet while living in the Caribbean and we eloped to Greece to get married. Prior to going the Greece we spend some time travelling in Turkey. The nastiest washroom I have ever seen was on the Ferry from Istanbul to the Turkish Riveria. It was a a series of squat hole toilets with stepping stones to walk to them. I tried to find a photo online but could not.

For starters the toilets are so disgusting how do you take care of your clothes? I tried squatting and pooing and keeping my clothes just right with no luck. In desperation I just geared down - chalked it up to a culture experience and walked over the stepping stones and did my business with my clothes safety 7' away on a hook. I can only imagine what someone would have thought of this viewing had anyone come in while I was butt naked and squatting.... LOL

I kill myself laughing every time I remember this day.

dahab-tn.jpg

Photo: Source

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Extreme Squatty Potty Pictures

The Olympian's and intense world class level Squatty Potty Action...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It looks like a 10" step stool with a notch in it. Which probably costs a lot less than a Squatty Potty, and can be used for other things also. Or you can install a "junior" toilet which is low enough to create the "squat" without having to move the SP into position every time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks