(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble drawing brine

Quote Originally Posted by Reach4 View Post
    See http://www.pentairaqua.com/Files/Kno.../br1018075.pdf I am thinking part 8 on pages 14 and 15 is a variable control for how much water gets injected rather than a fixed control that many controllers have. Page 12 discusses setting that salt dial adjustment.
    The thing I was trying to describe is down at the bottom of the draw tube in the brine tank. It's some sort of flow restrictor, but I don't understand it's purpose since this all seems to be taken care of in the controller.

I think things were out of whack because you were not drawing brine.
    But why? I never found anything wrong. The tubing to the brine tank was cracked before this all started, and after I replaced it, it never recovered until I bypassed all the floats and checks and stuff in the brine tank. All that stuff is in good working order.

I guess it doesn't matter anymore though, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    The thing I was trying to describe is down at the bottom of the draw tube in the brine tank. It's some sort of flow restrictor, but I don't understand it's purpose since this all seems to be taken care of in the controller.
    That gadget at the bottom of your brine tank is needed by most softener controllers, but not yours and not mine. Ours have that ball in the clear housing. See posts 3 and 6 on this thread. It would stop the flow out of the brine tank when the brine is exhausted. It is not intended as a restrictor or metering device. Actually, it does serve as a screen too. Probably you should have some kind of screen at the bottom of your tank, but if you don't get junk in your brine tank, you are probably ok. I have not seen the bottom of my brine tank yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    But why? I never found anything wrong. The tubing to the brine tank was cracked before this all started, and after I replaced it, it never recovered until I bypassed all the floats and checks and stuff in the brine tank. All that stuff is in good working order.

I guess it doesn't matter anymore though, thanks for the help.
    I agree that it is now moot, and I am glad your system is working well.