help with bathroom rough in layout

Users who are viewing this thread

laxmax44

Reaction score
i could use some help running the drain and vents for 2 bathrooms in my house. i just kinda started working on it and think i got ahead of myself. the location of the fixtures im set on, just need help running the pipes, mainly the vents i think i have wrong. let me know the best way to do it. the stuff drawn in paint is just what im thinking and would have no problem changing that. but would like to keep whatever pvc you see unless it really must be redone. local inspector said to go by ipc code. thank you very much for any advice.

Bathroom 1
where the 2 inch line connects to the 3 inch for the shower i know to use a wye, just not drawn right.
and dont worry about the cut plate, there is a bearing wall immediately behind the stack supporting the joists.

Bathroom 1.jpg

bathroom 1.1.jpg

Bathroom 2

bathroom 2.jpg

bathroom 2.1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The shower can't enter the toilet line without being vented first.
An easy fix would be to wye off for the lav, 2" on the shower side of the stack.
The shower would come off that vertical with a santee, and then the lav would continue up with 2" through the roof.
The lav trap arms over to it's location. You can go 42" with the trap arm in 1.5" and 60" with 2.0"
The lav/shower winds up venting the toilet.

The way you have it drawn, flushing the toilet will siphon the shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks