Handheld Shower Question

Users who are viewing this thread

priceman

Reaction score
Hello
I am in the middle of a new DIY bathroom remodel and have a question regarding a handheld shower to be used next to the shower bench. I already installed the main shower valve which is to used for the shower head only. I roughed plumbed on the side wall next to our shower bench to accept a handheld/bar system shower sprayer.
I am having trouble finding exactly what I need.
Basically I want to mount the handheld shower to the side wall. I would like a simple turn on/off, hot/cold diverter valve. I would to use the plumbing I already have in place.
Can anyone point me in the right direction. I appreciate your help. I am a novice learning step by step.

Thanks

Frank

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Does your shower fixture allow for one or two shower heads to be used? If not you may need to buy a flow valve or two or a divertor valve that can let you choose between the shower head or the hand held - or both.

Frank have a read if this Ideabook I wrote for Houzz. it describes a lot of these design layout challenges.

How to place your Shower Controls for Bathing Bliss

Last edited:

priceman

Reaction score
If I purchase a 2 way shower diverter valve with the trim kit, can I still route the shower head straight up as normal. Then can I attach pipe to 2nd valve of diverter and pipe it to the other wall of the shower where the shower bench is located?
Thank you for your help.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
PriceMan the divertors work in many different ways. Each different but basically you would be using your current fixture to set the temperature and turn the shower on. Then the divertor would dictate what shower fixtures where on. One, Two or Both.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks