Toilet move

Users who are viewing this thread

reefmkr

Reaction score
I'm remodeling my master bath and trying to relocate toilet about 4-5 ft, can you look at my drawing and tell me if i'm doing it right?
this would be on second floor, and garage under the bathroom.

Attachments

• Master Bath plumbing.jpg
    Master Bath plumbing.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 197

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If I understand things correctly, and that's not a certainty, I do not think this will work properly. You can wet vent a toilet, but you can't wet vent the shower from a toilet. Water rushing by the trap on the shower from the toilet could cause it to suck the trap dry. Since the toilet's trap is higher and internal, you can run water past it without affecting it, but not the other way around. See if the pros agree I've got this right...

reefmkr

Reaction score
Oh~~~ that make since. would be better to run separate pipe to main stack?
btw distance between toilet and elbow would be around 5 ft and elbow to main would be 2 ft..

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Before you make any changes, wait for one of the pros to verify I'm not all wet! Happens, not often, but it happens...I learn from the experience, too.

Jm66208

Reaction score
What's that blue line that says 2" vent to main stack" ? Don't think you need that.
You could possibly wye into the toilet line where it takes a hard left turn. Run your shower drain parallel to the toilet drain then vent it vertically where it passes under the wall.

x.png

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Since the toilet's trap is higher and internal, you can run water past it without affecting it

That is NOT the reason you cannot run the toilet past the shower drain. The reason is that the VELOCITY, and volume, of water flowing past that connection can produce a venturi effect and pull the water out of the trap. The SAME thing can happen to a toilet if the conditions are right, and it would make no difference WHERE the toilet's trap was. You also CANNOT connect the tub below the toilet's connection in the vertical pipe, without its own vent, for the same reason.

reefmkr

Reaction score
thanks everyone for explain...

Thank you JM66208 for picture, i'll run my pipes just like in picture..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks