HUGE thanks to Terry and these forums

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks2Terry

Reaction score
I had a 5-gallon toilet, original to the house, built in 1962 (stamped on the ceramic in the tank), which I can't identify manufacturer, which barely flushed toilet paper. Not a drainage issue, simply a lousy toilet.

I'd been researching toilets for some time, and came across this site/forums. Reading how great Toto toilets were, I planned to buy a Drake.

Then I had the extreme luck of staying in a hotel that had a high-end Toto (sorry, I can't identify the model, but it's a high-end model, based on where I was staying). To say the least, I was very impressed.

Went to and found a basic Drake 1.68g for less than $200 (same price, as others have stated, as buying a similar American Standard/Kohler/etc).

After some screaming and a 2-plumber team to replace a lead flange connected to copper drain pipe (don't ask, I don't wanna know, only the pain it cost getting all that replaced), I'm happily enjoying a very good toilet.

I'm not some toilet person, all gung-ho about toilets, but once you have one of these, you can't say enough good things. It's so impressive.

One last thing, and not to take any business away from Toto/Terry, I was going to stock-up on flapper valves and at least one fill valve, as those always go bad over time, when I discovered (maybe it was here) that Korky makes these for Toto. You can save yourself some serious cash by finding the Korky models (very easy to do) and buying a couple. Never hurts to have a flapper valve around.

Again, HUGE thanks to Terry and this great site/forums!!!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks