40 hp vs. 20 hp with booster?

Users who are viewing this thread

Greenmonster304

Reaction score
So I am installing an irrigation system for a horse show. We need 350 gpm @ 100 psi. The driller I work with offered two options, a 40 hp or a 20 hp with vfd booster. My initial thought was the 40 hp because it's one less thing to go wrong but I am not sure. What do you guys think? Valve man I already called you about this project and a 4" CSV, maybe you remember?

VAWellDriller

Reaction score
I'd go for the 40 HP and a csv...a lot less to worry about.......whats the pumping water level out of curiosity? You know the 40 will have to be a 460 volt motor...the 20 could be 230..not sure if that's an issue.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Well it is going to take about 40 HP however you do it. So a 20 HP in the well with another 20 HP booster would work. But a single 40 HP in the well would be much simpler and easier to control. Then all you have to decide is if you are going to control it with a Cycle Stop Valve or a VFD. I am a little bit biased, but I could give you plenty of reasons why. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks