Looking for an Americast sink

Users who are viewing this thread

sinkproblems

Reaction score
I am looking for an American Standard (Americast Silhouette) sink #7179 in black. They are no longer made, but I was hoping someone would have one laying around or know of where I might find one. We have a granite countertop that was cut to fit this sink 10 years ago. Now that we need a new sink we found that that weird shape only fits that sink and no other sink. We would have to get the granite recut to a bigger hole if we can't find this sink and it would cost big bucks! Thanks for looking.

sinkproblems

Reaction score
Help! Need Americast sink!

I am looking for an American Standard Americast Silhouette sink in black #7179 . We have a granite countertop which has been cut for this sink and will fit no other. It would cost a small fortune to get the countertop recut to fit another sink. Since they no longer make this sink, I was hoping someone would know about one sitting around in a warehouse or something. Thanks for looking.

Doris

Reaction score
I appreciate the response, but at the bottom of that page was a comment: "We've had this sink in our kitchen for over twenty years ... We'd like to replace it with the same style, however it was discontinued. Now the search is on to find something similar."

I confirmed with American Standard that it was discontinued, and they said they don't make anything else that will fit. Checked ebay too, in case they had some left over somewhere - no luck. So, the search is still on ...

Is it possible that there is NO other sink that will fit? I hate to admit defeat - any other suggestions?

Reach4

Reaction score
Is it possible that there is NO other sink that will fit? I hate to admit defeat - any other suggestions?
I suggest measuring the hole in your granite and asking what sink fits a hole of that size and shape.

Doris

Reaction score
Did that: American Standard said none of theirs would fit, Kohler said the same, Blanco said the same, Elkay said the same and offered to make a custom sink for $2,300.

Checked the specs for every sink on Home Depot and Lowe's websites; no good.

The large local plumbing-supply store said they'd check into it, and said they hadn't found anything.

What am I missing? Is there maybe a central database of sink sizes somewhere? Or another source I could try?

I know it's just a kitchen sink and it won't kill me to live with the old one, but I feel like it's the sink dilemma vs my problem-solving skills and I hate to lose!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks