Air fitting for blowing out system

Users who are viewing this thread

kaw550

Reaction score
Does anyone make a compressor fitting or schrader (sp?) valve that I can tie into my plumbing? I did ask a local supply shop but they didnt have anything.

Right now I am planning to tie into the pex plumbing with a T, add a valve and a compressor fitting with a hose barb that I can clamp on.

Reach4

Reaction score
Amflo 701-2 has a 1/4 inch pipe thread and a Schrader valve on the other. However for a temporary tool. Quick-connect fittings with 1/4 pipe thread are very common.

Guy48065

Reaction score
The Big Box stores carry M & F hose thread ends. Screw an air hose quick disconnect into a female garden hose connector and you have a great tool for blowing out lines. I use a cheap oil-less compressor set to 40psi hooked to an outside hose bib to pressurize the system. Neither of the cottages I've owned have been plumbed with sloping pipes that would drain naturally. Using air makes winterizing a 10 minute job.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks