3 inch Double Fixture Fitting with 2 inch reducers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve1911

Reaction score
I am fixing a poorly done single to double vanity conversion. I have a 3 inch stack (3 inch drain and 3 inch vent pipe, inline) in the wall that I will be attaching the vertical hubs of a Double Fixture Fitting, but I need 2 inch hubs on the horizontals to stub out the sink drains with 2 inch (or 1 1/2 inch?) abs. The smaller diameter pipe is also necessary to go through my wall studs.

Is there any reason I should not cement 2 inch reducers to the 3 inch horizontal hubs of the Double Fixture Fitting?

Crude diagram of my elusive Double Fixture Fitting. Thanks for the help.
ll
2= =2
ll

Steve1911

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. This is what I found from grainger 3 inches all around?

http://www.grainger.com/product/MUELLER-INDUSTRIES-Double-Fixture-Wye-3GUR6?s_pp=false

If that doesn't work with 2 inch reducers on the horizontals, or the sizing is not actually what I think it is, is there anything wrong with buying a 2 inch Double Fixture Fitting and using reducers (3 inch to 2 inch couplings) to fit my vertical 3 inch vent and 3 inch drain to the 2 inch Double fixture fitting?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I have to back-pedal a bit on my comment, as the 3" double fixture fitting is pretty much unheard of in the stores around here. ABS drain piping is pretty much unheard of here also, but that is a whole different topic.

If you had such a fitting, there would be no reason you could not use reducers on the inlets. You can always go from a small trap arm to a larger drain, but never the other way around.

Steve1911

Reaction score
Thanks for the information so far. This is my plan and I just would like you guys to check it out and critique if necessary. Specifically, will the 3"-1.5" flush bushings be acceptable and are the trap arm lengths OK. I like the 1.5" trap arms as opposed to the 2" in my original post due to the wall studs being 2x4's. I will also re route the supply lines to come out of the wall instead of the floor.
Vanity Plan.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Have you ever seen a 3" double fixture fitting? If they exist, it is not something we normally see.

I used to install a lot of them. With the new 3" flush valve toilets, I prefer to plumb them seperately now.

It should be fine for the lavs there.

Last edited:

Steve1911

Reaction score
Excellent. My worry was the 1.5 inch flush bushings in the inlets of the double fixture fitting would mess with the water flow but it seems I'm good to go.
Time to order the parts and get to work. My goal is to make it look as good as some of the pictures I've seen here. You guys are a great help. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks