With the lint removed the soffit screen was letting in any creature smart enough to find the hole. Bees and Wasps always use these entry points so I rigged up a pull device (like a hook) from a safety pin and then used some string to tie this to the new dryer vent. With a little pressure I pulled this corner down.
Now I had not planned on this the day before so I did not have any proper silicone. I did have some Kerdi Fix so I used that instead. This will block the bugs but in time will look not so good. Kerdi Fix can yellow over time so to make the repair even better I will cut a new cap for this corner and lay one layer of soffit vent over another. This will hide the Kerdi fix and complete the home's dryer line upgrade.