Broke drain stopper in my tub

Users who are viewing this thread

mcginnin

Reaction score
So I was taking off my drain stopper. It is the kind where you apply pressure to the left or right for open or close all it says is flash fit? If you can tell me what this is that would be great.

Well long story short I pulled the stopper up not twisting off and the thread piece that the stopper screws into broke. So now I cant plug up my tub wife is pissed what is my best option?

The threads on the stopper are ok. I have two of these in my house so I swapped them around they both work on one tub but not the victim.

Obviously I have little experience in this so any info would be great.

mcginnin

Reaction score
Obviously this is the stopper and is ok. I will get a picture of the broken part later. In the drain...

Attachments

• Photo on 2013-11-19 at 05.00.jpg
    Photo on 2013-11-19 at 05.00.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 330
  • Photo on 2013-11-19 at 05.01.jpg
    Photo on 2013-11-19 at 05.01.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 342

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
You need to replace the section in the tub.
watco-push-pull-drain-assembly-38306-chrome-lg.jpg
John

Last edited by a moderator:

mcginnin

Reaction score
Thanks does this part have a specific name? How do I remove the old one? Do i need new gasket/seals/putty?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks