Can 3 hole tub valve be used for corner mount with handles to side?

Users who are viewing this thread

I Play One On TV

Reaction score
After putting in new faucets in the bathroom, I decided to replace the tub faucet to make everything match--Price Pfister Avalon. This is the valve Pfister says I need: http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/Bath/Product/0X6-150R.aspx

It shows it in a straight 3-hole configuration. But the existing set-up is a corner-mounted spout with both handles to the left side. I assume that because this valve looks like 3 separate pieces, I'll be able to mount it that way?

Second question. Is there any way to modify (adapter, etc.) the existing valve body (Moen) to get the new spout and handles to work with it? I've read elsewhere the answer is no, but it seems to me that this is a no-brainer thing somebody would be making a fortune selling to DIYers.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; but it seems to me that this is a no-brainer thing somebody would be making a fortune selling to DIYers.

It would COST a fortune, to try to manufacture ALL the possible permutations, and after spending that money, you might only sell a few of each type, since few people actually want to do it.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your new price pfister needs 3 holes: one for the cold valve, one for the hot valve and one for the spout. The three are connected with flexes, so theoretically you can mount the hot and cold on one side and the spout on the other. If one of the connectors is too short, replace with a longer one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks