(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Can 3 hole tub valve be used for corner mount with handles to side?

Hybrid View

DIY Junior Member I Play One On TV's Avatar

Default Can 3 hole tub valve be used for corner mount with handles to side?

After putting in new faucets in the bathroom, I decided to replace the tub faucet to make everything match--Price Pfister Avalon. This is the valve Pfister says I need: http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/Bath/P.../0X6-150R.aspx

It shows it in a straight 3-hole configuration. But the existing set-up is a corner-mounted spout with both handles to the left side. I assume that because this valve looks like 3 separate pieces, I'll be able to mount it that way?

Second question. Is there any way to modify (adapter, etc.) the existing valve body (Moen) to get the new spout and handles to work with it? I've read elsewhere the answer is no, but it seems to me that this is a no-brainer thing somebody would be making a fortune selling to DIYers.

quote; but it seems to me that this is a no-brainer thing somebody would be making a fortune selling to DIYers.

It would COST a fortune, to try to manufacture ALL the possible permutations, and after spending that money, you might only sell a few of each type, since few people actually want to do it.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber

Your new price pfister needs 3 holes: one for the cold valve, one for the hot valve and one for the spout. The three are connected with flexes, so theoretically you can mount the hot and cold on one side and the spout on the other. If one of the connectors is too short, replace with a longer one.

DIY Junior Member I Play One On TV's Avatar

Thanks, dj2. And hj, I thought about that after I posted. It seems crazy how many variations there are, when so may other things are standardized.