Clean out locations

Users who are viewing this thread

wxtrender

Reaction score
I have been working on a little plumbing plan to present to the new building inspector for the bathroom in my proposed little store. The previous inspector looked it over and said it was ok before we poured the floor, but that inspector is no longer here and the new guy wants to see a drawing before I continue.
I was reading the IPC for what seems like the 1000th time and the topic of clean outs keeps bugging me.

I am thinking that if I have a clean out at the base of each vent stack and another just outside of the building on the way to the septic tank, I will be ok.

All clean outs would be within 40 feet of one another.

Plumbing Schematic.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally with that, I would have wet vented the toilet with the bathroom sink, and had the cleanout there.
The second sink would also need a cleanout. Anything off the main more than five feet needs an end of line cleanout.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It appears that is how it was, or is going to be, done, We would normally install a "2 way cleanout" at the exterior, but the one at the lavatory should suffice for the "upstream" cleanout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks