Iron Filter Recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Bananaboyandy

Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing a Fleck 7000 SXT softener in my home. I am considering installing an iron filter as well. Any suggestions? I see a few guys had success with the Big Blue filters. I want to make sure whatever I use doesn't cause much of a pressure drop.

Thanks,
Andy

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes. Are you on your own well? If so, have your water tested for hardness, iron, sulfur, and manganese. Get numbers. If not, get the data from the water company.

Also, the Big Blue filters are more for sediment or even removing some chemicals. But the iron filter would probably be either a backwashing filter or you would use a bigger water softener if your iron was not heavy and you did not have significant sulfur.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks