Kenmore water softener 625.388150

Users who are viewing this thread

tiredtech2

Reaction score
Water leaks at bypass softener valve is not the o-rings and turns out to be a small crack found inside, topside at the o-ring junction of inlet side of the bypass valve(old part number stamped on bottom side was 625.34372). After over 18 months of leaking, I tried many o-rings and with padded teflon tape, it helps the leak until it got worse. I have Kenmore Ultrasoft 100 model 625.388150 water softener for over 10 years, then started leaking. The five Sears part stores in the LA area, always had stock inventory of the new bypass valves 7129871 indicating to me a common replacement part whereas the mating valve body always had to be special ordered. Replacing the Bypass Valve solved my water leak problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks