Uponor AquaPEX size 1/2 vs 3/4

Users who are viewing this thread

petepdx

Reaction score
Getting ready to change the galvanized with AquaPEX in my urban 1950's rancher with full basement (easy access to everything for a change!!!)

I'm going to use 1" up to a manifold, but on the other side I can't decide if I should use 1/2 or 3/4 ?

The coming summer I'll replace the line from the meter with 1" as well.

The service meter will more then likely stay 3/4" the city wants over a $1,000 to change it from 3/4" to 1", but the option will be there.

-pete ready to order the red&blue ...

DaveHo

Reaction score
Home run system? Unless you have some gigantic tub to fill, 1/2" is plenty big save for maybe outdoor hose bibs. You might even want to consider going with 3/8" for some of the hots if it's a long run. It'll cut down on the wait for hot water.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many fixtures in the house are flow restricted. Those that typically aren't include: washing machine, tub filler, hose bibs, laundry sink. A dedicated shower, if you've got more than one head, can use a larger supply line as well. If the run is long, a larger pipe may be called for.

petepdx

Reaction score
Screwed up my search of the forum, looks like this question has been asked quite a few times

Sorry for the repeat ...

-pete

petepdx

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. I've received pretty much the same. The house is 2bath. For the main distribution within the house I'm going to use 1" Uponor/Auqapex. Being a tool nut, I bought the Milwaukee M12, I have another house that will need re-plumbing so the two gave me justification :), It limits me to 1". For the line to the meter, I'll go with PEX 1-1/4" if I can rent a tool, if not I'll go as you recommend 1" PE.

Tossing the idea to just use a couple small 3-4 outlet manifolds and using tees for the outside hose bibs. The curse and blessing of so many options

-pete

Again thanks,

-pete

(*) wish

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks