Help, limited space in bathroom, need short toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

cs2eye

Reaction score
hi
we are remodeling a bathroom of an old house. the old toilet had to go, because mostly of color- almond. we didn't think to measure it before the contractor trashed it and what the implications would be of TRYING to find something that would fit.

the bathroom front to back is 40" (not including the baseboard). the rough-in center to the wall is about 13.5". we bought a Kohler at our big box hardware store- 27.5" long, not really thinking about how far it would stick out from the wall. and yes, it was way too tight as the distance to the wall was maybe 11" at most. the only toilets i've seen which approach the 25" deep are the Kohler Rialto and a Galba toilet. haven't read much good about the Rialto, and the Galba has NO reviews. (i've seen them both mentioned in these forums)

i also read in these forums about the Toto UniFit. Q- if the rough in is 13.5" can we use the 14" adaptor? otherwise its a no-go with this approach

any other thoughts or recommendations?

thanks, cs

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The toilets that use the Toto Unifit adapter, generally have about 3/4" behind them when the rough-in is proper. So, any of them, after buying the 14" one (you get to throw away the 12" one that comes with it unfortunately), any of them should fit. I have an older Vespin and a Carlyle (similar, the Vespin is 2-piece and the Carlyle is a one-piece) in my home, and they both have been good performers over the years. With my local water, I need to replace the flapper valves about every 4-5 years, but they can last much longer depending on your local water quality. The cap in the refill valve seems to last about the same amount of time...both parts are quick and easy to replace, and pretty inexpensive, readily available locally, at least where I live.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks