Stop me before I glue this up

Users who are viewing this thread

bruceha2000

Reaction score
Tom Sawyer - At the moment I have no other good alternative for the HVAC condensate to go other than the floor drain.

Maybe a condensate pump?? It doesn't need a big drain line and can go quite a distance. I need to put one under my new furnace in a crawl space and the plumber said to run it back to the P trap he put in the main waste line for the water heater in the basement near where the main exits to the septic tank rather than add a P trap in the main drain (2 bathrooms one above the other) by the furnace. It will have to run ~ 35' to 40' to get to that trap. He would have done it but when I said I could get one for ~ $40, no shipping charges he agreed that his company wouldn't sell me one for that price. This is a DIY thing, I just have to attach the drain hose along the main drain pipe. Lots cheaper than paying him $60 an hour plus parts markup.

Bruce

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I do not have the advantage of seeing the room orientation, but I might try to change it by moving the horizontal line "down" so the lav could be revised to become the shower vent. This also might not be possible, but around here, we would run the condensate in the wall over to the lav and connect the condensate into a branch tailpiece above the trap.

branch-tailpiece-for-dw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asktom

Reaction score
I didn't mean you should move the floor drain, just change the configuration so that both it and the toilet were vented before the drains connected. What you have will work fine, but, where I have worked, I don't think the inspector would buy it as is. Actually, I agree with HJ about the condensate line. I just threw out the clean-out comment because no mention had been made of them - your answer was reasonable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks