All I can get is 1/8 slope on 2 inch shower drain - will this work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cbrown160

Reaction score
Hello all - first time poster - I'm in the middle of an ambitious bathroom remodel, including a curbless shower with linear drain (full kerdi shower), and i have a concern about my shower drain. I get good drop (just over 1/4inch per foot) for 2 feet coming out of the p trap, but then get 1/8th inch drop per foot for about 8 feet. Then I sweep in to another line with the right drop… This is all brand new 2" PVC, and I have a shower and two sinks on this line. I have this nagging fear that I'm going to finish this project, fire up the inaugural shower and flood the bathroom because it doesn't drain right… Should I be concerned?

Thanks,
Chris

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Any time the slope flattens out, things slow down and become a location where stuff can collect. Not sure what an inspector would say, it will be interesting to see what the pros have to say. FWIW, larger pipe (4"+) can have a shallower slope in some situations.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You would normally drop 2" in eight feet.
You have 1" drop now. It's pushing it. Most inspectors would turn that down.

Will it work? In a way. I think the shower would tend to keep the line clear better than two lavs would.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks