Toto Aquia Leaking - New Install

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkMc

Reaction score
After a long search for a highly rated, 10" rough, dual flush toilet I settled on the CST412MF. I spent many hours reading this forum and I was convinced it would be a good choice. I even read ahead of time about the leaking bolts and was prepared to sand the tank if necessary.

To my delight, no leaks from the bolts and the install went off without a hitch -- well, at least I thought so.

After the install I tested the flush several times, and after the tank refilled it looked like there was a tiny little stream down the bowl disturbing the water sitting in it. It was tiny to be sure, so to verify what I was seeing I turned off the water supply and came back in a couple hours. The tank was empty. I removed the flush valve a couple times and made sure it was installed properly, was tight, and everything had been installed properly - it was. Again, I filled the tank, turned off the water, and I could hear a faint trickle down the soil pipe. A couple hours later the tank was empty.

I'm at a loss now on how to proceed. I've checked all of the obvious things, but something is clearly leaking. It isn't the tank bolts because the floor is dry. I would have noticed a tank full of water leaking. No amount of playing with the flush valve seems to help.

Any thoughts/suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks,
Mark

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Rotate the flush valve out, and inspect the seal on the canister, and also the flush valve at the bottom of the tank. Make sure those surfaces are smooth to the touch.
The canister seal can also be reversed.

aquia_install_fig_7.jpg

aquia_flushvalve.jpg

The seal is on the bottom of this.

Last edited:

MarkMc

Reaction score
Terry,

Thanks for the fast reply. I took the valve out tonight, checked the seal and even flipped it over. Both surfaces feel smooth and clean with no obstructions.

I put it all back together and within 10 minutes I could tell it was still leaking.

Is my only recourse to just call Toto and get replacement parts?

Mark

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would call them. It's a pretty simple tank, and those things should have done it. No water on the floor, something is going on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks