Pumpstop pump protection switch

Users who are viewing this thread

PUMPSTOP

Reaction score
THE PUMPSTOP PROTECTION SWITCH WILL AUTOMATICALLY SHUT OFF YOUR PUMP WHEN ANY PROBLEM ARISES DUE TO FAILURE OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

LOW WATER TABLES, LOST PRIME, CHECK VALVE FAILURE, BAD OR MISADJUSTED PRESSURE SWITCH,
STUCK ON RELAYS, BROKEN ZONE VALVES, PRESSURE TANK FAILURES, BROKEN VALVES NOT OPENING,
EVEN USER ERROR.

ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS CAN CAUSE YOUR PUMP TO NOT TURN OFF WHEN IT SHOULD.
THESE PROBLEMS ULTIMATELY CAUSE THE PUMP TO OVERHEAT DUE TO FRICTION AND THIS WILL LOOSEN OR MELTDOWN THE FITTINGS AND DESTROY THE IMPELLER.

THIS ALWAYS RESULTS IN A TOTAL SYSTEM FAILURE OF THE PUMP, COSTING YOU HUNDREDS OR EVEN THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN REPAIRS.

THE PUMPSTOP IS UNIVERSAL, AND IS THE BEST AND MOST INEXPENSIVE WAY TO GUARD THE WHOLE ENTIRE PUMP SYSTEM BY
PROTECTING EVERY ASPECT OF ALL THE ASSOCIATED PARTS OF A WELL PUMP SYSTEM.

PUMPSTOP WORKS ON ANY SIZE PUMP AND VOLTAGE, INDOORS OR OUTDOORS AND IS WATERPROOF AND INSULATED TO ELIMINATE FALSE SHUT OFFS IN DIRECT SUNLITE...

ONE SIZE FITS ALL. EASY HOOK UP IN JUST 5 MINUTES. 12-24-120-240-440 VOLTS @ 30AMPS MAX
ALL IN ONE PRODUCT.

WIRES UP DIRECTLY TO THE MOTOR, OR PRESSURE SWITCH, OR A RELAY, OR CONTROL PANEL
ONCE INSTALLED IT PROTECT YOUR PUMP 24/7/365

FIND THE PUMPSTOP HERE ....... www.overheatprotection.com.

OR CALL FOR MORE INFO AND TO ORDER AT 727-841-7000 or CELL AT 727-277-8202

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I have seen the Pumpstop a few times, and it is a good idea. It only works on above ground type pumps, as I don’t think there is a way to attach it to a submersible. And it doesn’t say in the specs, but if I remember right the temperature that causes it to shut down the motor is 110 degrees. In my area and many areas of the south, the well house gets to 110 on many days, which would be a problem with a Pumpstop. Correct me if I am wrong.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Unless cold water is in the pump housing I could see a problem in my area on a hot sunny day.

It looks like it trips at 120F and Resets at 110F.

Maybe it is adjustable ?

Another unneeded part to replace.

Temperature_Snap_Disc.JPG

Last edited:

PUMPSTOP

Reaction score
Answer to questions about PUMPSTOP Overheat Protection Switch

I have seen the Pumpstop a few times, and it is a good idea. It only works on above ground type pumps, as I don’t think there is a way to attach it to a submersible. And it doesn’t say in the specs, but if I remember right the temperature that causes it to shut down the motor is 110 degrees. In my area and many areas of the south, the well house gets to 110 on many days, which would be a problem with a Pumpstop. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Valveman,

Great questions,

You are right about submersibles.
However, The PUMPSTOP works on all Jet pumps and Centrifugal pumps (any size)

As for the temperature, it shuts off power to the pump at 120 F and automatically resets at 110 F.

Also as long as water is in the pump housing, it will not activate the PUMPSTOP due to the heatsink transfer
Plate that is in contact with cooler pump housing.

The product is also fully insulated to prevent false shut offs. Even in Arizona and have not had any
Units that turned off unintended.

So even if the ambient temperature exceeds 120 F the units heat sensor remains cooler due to the
heatsink against the thermostat and the pump housing (where the water is)

I am an irrigation contractor here in Florida and I have hundreds of my customers that I have installed
the PUMPSTOP on their pumps (IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT) and never once did I have a false shut off.

Thank You for Your Question,
John

PUMPSTOP

Reaction score
Hi DonL,
Did a lot of research and 120F is an ideal temp for shutting off the motor, any hotter and the PVC pipes are in jeopardy of loosening up causing a suction leak.
The fact that it turns ON automatically is so that if one or more zone valve does not work on an irrigation system, the PUMPSTOP will shut the power to the pump on that zone.
Then When the timer advances to other zones, the pump will continue to work. The pump will shut off only when there's a problem.
Also sometimes it's a Low water table or a check valve that fails loosing the prime, the pump will shut down, keeping it safe.
Then the pump will try to re-prime itself when it cools down to 110F. Chances are it may pull the water up from the well on the 2nd or 3rd try after the well recovers. The on/ off cycling will not hurt the pump, keeping it safe until repairs can be made.

Thank You,
John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks