Toto Aquia Vs. Mansfield EcoQuantum 147-119

Users who are viewing this thread

jpons

Reaction score
I am building a new house and will be installing 3 new toilets in the next few weeks. I am only interested in Dual Flush toilets.

I looked at the sterling and discounted it based on the MaP rating.

Right now the two that I am seriously considering are the Toto Aquia and the Mansfield EcoQuantum, both dual flush designs.

The Toto is a Washdown design while the Mansfield is siphon with a pressure tank.

sydney_bowl_tile.jpg

Caroma dual flush, Like many dual flush toilets, there isn't much water in the bowl.

I think I really want to go with the Toto, but the cost is substantially higher, also the small water spot worries me. I have used a Caroma before and found the water spot to be way too small that it did not completely cover the waste, plus it was such a long way down that there was quite a bit of splash factor.

Another factor is that I am on a well, and I know very little about the FlushMate system and how much water pressure it needs to affectively build up the pressure in the tank.

I guess my questions are:

1. Is there anyone out there that is familiar with both and can give me their impressions.

2. Is the water spot on the Aquia better than on the Caromas? Should I even be worried about this?

3. I thought the washdown systems needed a big Trap diameter, and I see the Aquia's trap is only 2 1/8. Should I worry about this?

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

-J

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Check the 2006 MaP report on performance.

The Sloan Flushmate in the Mansfield suggests I believe 40 PSI minimum. The performance will definitely be variable with a varying pressure on your well pump system.

jpons

Reaction score
Hi,

I have checked their performance on the "HIGH EFFICIENCY TOILETS" report last updated on 12/23/05.

The performance of the Aquia and the Mansfield are very close, (800 vs. 825), so that does not help the decision making.

Your comment about 40psi made me look a little harder and I found the following at the Flushmate website:

What is the minimum pressure requirement for this unit?

20 to 125psi or higher. The recommended range based on ANSI standards is 20 to 80 psi or higher.
-J

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In the house I have a 1.0 gallon Vorten pressure assist toilet using the new Flushmate.

I moved in two months ago, and replaced all the toilets. It had been raining in Seattle the whole time until this last week.
I though I was listening to my rain gutter drains all this time at night, but a few days ago I noticed I could still hear the water sound, and it wasn't raining.
I checked the toilet, and there was the noise. There is a constant leak from the cartridge. I shut off the supply and went back to sleep.
A comment about this 1.0 gallon toilet. There is very little bowl wash at the front of the bowl. If you drop a piece of toilet paper at the front of the bowl, it may not go down.

The dual flush Aquia in the other bathroom, has more bowl wash, and what I perceive as a quieter flush.

jpons

Reaction score
Terry,

Thanks for the info. After reading a lot of info here and other places I think I may spend just a bit more and got for the Toto.

-J

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks