Need a recommendation, water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

harivney

Reaction score
I am finally going to replace a 20+ year 9X48 autotrol 155 system (resin, green sand and potperm tank). I'm leaning towards Fleck 5600 and keeping green sand/potperm).

Would you recommend a different system?

Here is raw well water info:

Raw well water:
Ph - 7.4
TDS - 200
hardness - 85.5
Iron - 1.0
Iron - bacteria - not tested
Manganese - nd (not detected)
Copper - nd
Nitrates - nd
sulfides - pos (positive
Tannins - nd

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Have you heard of Greensand Plus? Instead of using KMNO4 to regen the Greensand, the plus uses chlorine pellets. I would choose a Fleck 5600 over the Autotrol 155 amytime.

harivney

Reaction score
Mialynette - thanks for the reply. Did not know about greensand plus but will look into it. Can you point me to a website that has a diagram that shows greensand and chlorine pellet setup?
I guess the potperm tank gets replaced with a chlorine pellet tank??
Thanks again

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is the same exact setup. Instead of using KMNO4 in the pot tank, Calcuim hypocloride pellets are used. The unit works best with a valve that can be set to a fill first.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks