Delta Teck Flushometers

Users who are viewing this thread

Ontario Plumber

Plumber
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm hoping some of you more experienced guys could help me with an issue I'm having with a Delta Teck Flushometer. The majority if the work I do is rough-ins and new installation. Servicing flushometers isn't something I have a lot of experience with.

I have 3 valves which aren't flushing correctly. They aren't letting enough water through the valve to siphon the water from the bowl. Ive adjusted the angled stop so that it is fully open, but this only improved it slightly. I know there are repair kits for the Teck valves. Is it just a case of replacing all the springs, washers, o-rings and diaphragm?

Also could someone post me a picture of a Teck 1 and a Teck 2 valve so I know the difference between them. Im fairly new to Canada from the UK and one of the hardest things to adjust to was familiarizing myself with the North American brands that we don't have in Europe.

Thanks Guys.

Jerome2877

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a separate adjustment screw inside the top cover that regulates the volume per flush. If that doesn't work replace the diaphragm.

Ontario Plumber

Plumber
Reaction score
Okay, so I repaired 2 of the valves with the Delta repair kit. One of them, which was continuously running, is still having the same problem. I replaced the handle cartridge, diaphragm, springs and washers. I even removed the regulating screw and cleaned the bypass orofice as best I could.

My guess is that the inside of the valve is too corroded for the diaphragm and handle cage to seat on, and it would be best to replace the valve?

Any other ideas from anyone? Thanks in advance!

Sean

Ontario Plumber

Plumber
Reaction score
Okay, so I repaired 2 of the valves with the Delta repair kit. One of them, which was continuously running, is still having the same problem. I replaced the handle cartridge, diaphragm, springs and washers. I even removed the regulating screw and cleaned the bypass orofice as best I could.

My guess is that the inside of the valve is too corroded for the diaphragm and handle cage to seat on, and it would be best to replace the valve?

Any other ideas from anyone? Thanks in advance!

Sean

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks