Raimondi Tile Leveling System

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Proper thinset depth and coverage is critical to any tile install, and maybe more so when you use a clip of some sort. A curve on the bottom of the clip may work best since there would be thinset around most of it, minimizing plastic to tile or substrate contact under the tile. But, of those I've looked into, they require moderately deep thinset coverage, which is not unusual for a bigger tile (and the ones these things work best for and are recommended for).

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
No Blob setting allowed

Proper thinset depth and coverage is critical to any tile install, and maybe more so when you use a clip of some sort. A curve on the bottom of the clip may work best since there would be thinset around most of it, minimizing plastic to tile or substrate contact under the tile. But, of those I've looked into, they require moderately deep thinset coverage, which is not unusual for a bigger tile (and the ones these things work best for and are recommended for).

The curve requires the tile to be max out on most thin-set max thickness range (1/4") - I've used them and you can see the curved clip push the tile back up once it's tapped into position.

The TCNA and TTMAC require 100% coverage on all edges and corners.

attachment.php

Photo: Source

Look at these horrible install. Notice the blob setting.

With clips in the way I see now way to achieve this.

The job I set with the Raimondi System was a wall tile installation. With micro tile - super thin 1/4". The tile was utter crap. All over the map.

The clips did help set this shower but grout prep after was a good three hours.

Forcing tile to stay put is one thing. Forcing tile to bend while setting is another.

Just wait. Soon Come. Indent Fractures looming.

When using a product like these clips a self curing rapid setting thin-set might be the safest call. This way the thin-set can quickly set up taking the strain off the clip or lashing system.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks