constant air in plumbing after submersible pump change

Users who are viewing this thread

michla

Reaction score
I was thinking if the well survived before, without the plug, it could continue to do so today, assuming any escaping water has somewhere to go.

If they only hadn't drilled a well so close to the house when they built it in '84, the dumm clucks! About 8 feet from the overhead garage doors. Frost heaving is a real concern when the ground becomes saturated, and signs as such like my garage floor giant crack tell me it's plug or drill another at $7000.

I think I'll plug and live with it. I've learned how to crank the faucets open very carefully now....

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Get rid of the bladder tank or install a hydro-pneumatic tank in tandem and install an air release (AVC). Problem solved, plus you get a really good drawdown on your pump system.

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
I used a wellmate hp series tank. You can google them. Both Keller supply and Ferguson in Wasilla are distributors for wellmate. Flexcon also makes a composite tank that has an air volume valve instead of a bladder. It is the FLU series equipped with the optional air volume control.

michla

Reaction score
I used a wellmate hp series tank. You can google them. Both Keller supply and Ferguson in Wasilla are distributors for wellmate. Flexcon also makes a composite tank that has an air volume valve instead of a bladder. It is the FLU series equipped with the optional air volume control.

outstanding! thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks