(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Toto Ultramax product review, comments & pictures

Comments by readers Reader Review's Avatar
    Emails and phone calls sent in by readers

By the way, I LOVE IT! Press that lever and WOOSH it is GONE!

This toilet lived up to everything you said on your website and every good comment people said. I thought I was getting the round version but the elongated version came and I am very thankful.
    Linda B
    Mount Vernon WA

Ah, thank heaven for the internet; it saved us from buying a poor-performing toilet! All the reviews on this site and others convinced us to find and purchase the Toto Ultramax (we had been looking at the Kohler Santa Rosa at our local home depot). Boy, are we glad we did! We have very low water pressure, and plunging used to be routine for us, but the Ultramax seems to be uncloggable! We will definitely be replacing the other toilets in the house. Our only complaint is we don't find the curved seat to be very comfortable, though maybe it just takes getting used to. Also I notice that inside the ring there is an edge which I find to be somewhat uncomfortable. I do love the soft-close feature, though. I notice no one else on this site seems to mind the seat so maybe it's just us. At any rate, the seat does not dissuade us at all from replacing the other toilets, because the seat is easily and inexpensively replaceable. The unbelievably fast, powerful flushing far outweighs any concern over the seat. We bought the elongated, and we think we may try the round in another bathroom.

In short, LOVE this toilet!
    Last edited by Terry; 04-06-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

The Toto one piece toilets come complete with soft close seats the two piece toilets do not come with seat.

MS854114S-01 Ultramax 1pc toilet
    MS=1pc toilet & soft close seat combo
    854= toilet number
    114= seat number
    S= G-max Flush
    01= Cotton White

CST416M-01
    CST= Bowl & Tank
    416= Toilet number
    M=Dual Flush
    01= Cotton White

Thank you Peanut, and I apologize--I noticed that fact after I'd posted. I will check out the seat at a showroom; I hope I like it b/c I like the slow drop-down feature. Have not ordered anything yet but am leaning toward the Aquia after reading the reviews here. Thanks again!

Default Toto Ultramax with Sanagloss

Thanks, Terry.

The install went smoothly and this thing flushes like a champ.

Jeff

Last edited by Reader Review; 11-26-2008 at 06:00 PM.

I really liked my Toto Drake toilet installed last year.
    This year I'm installing the Toto Ultramax one-piece toilet in the main bathroom.

What I'm replacing is a Gerber Ultraflush that a plumbing contractor sold me. The grandkids didn't like the Gerber, they will be happy I have another Toto.

Old toilet to be removed

Send this Gerber Ultraflush to the dump please.
    The TOTO box makes a nice container to haul the old toilet away,

A new Toto Ultramax with Sanagloss
    Last edited by Terry; 04-07-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Hi there,
    Here's my 2 cents on Toto's.

I've been stationed in Japan for 17 years of my Navy life and well accustomed to Toto products. Needless to say I was disgusted the first time I used a non Toto toilet when I came back here in the U.S. Those 3-4 seconds of swirling action just annoys me and sometimes I have to flush twice. You guessed it, I went hunting for Toto the second day to replace my toilets. No more long SWIIIIIIIIISH … Just a short "Chu-chug".

Ray
    Northern California

DIY Junior Member busymom in California's Avatar

Default Eco Ultramax

Was wondering if anyone has had experience with the new Eco Ultramax toilet? We are remodeling a guest bath and living in So. California where the water prices are going through the roof we are looking to conserve water and money. Any information at all would sure be appreciated. Thank you.

The Eco will work very much like the G-Max. I've been using an Eco Drake for some time now, works fine, Terry
    Last edited by Terry; 01-05-2009 at 02:31 PM.

I recently replaced 3 old toilets w/ EcoUltramax's and have been very happy w/ them.

Last edited by Terry; 02-21-2009 at 04:19 PM.

Default Parts for the Ultramax

We decided against a Kohler after reading how hard it is to get replacement parts and how expensive they were. Before investing in the Ultramax we are curious if anyone knows what parts tend to go first, how difficult they are to get and how expensive they are to replace.

Thanks!
    Cindy

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

There are two things in a typical toilet that wear out: the rubber flapper (around $10 if I remember - depending on your water and how much clorine there is anywhere from a few years to many), and, on the Toto's that use the Korky valve, a rubber seal (about $2.50 - could last many years; maybe less if you have a well and get grit in your water). Both are readily available at Lowes and most any plumbing supply house, or on-line.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Thanks! I'm not sure if the Ultramax uses a "Korky" but I'm hoping this means no major issues getting one if I need it!

One more - do you know if I can replace the chrome trip lever handle with one I pick up to match my Kohler faucets? Or is there something proprietary about it? Thanks again! This is the last piece I need before my bathroom remodel cna get started and I'm getting jazzed!

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Many trip levers will work on the Ultramax.
    From Toto, you can order Brushed Nickel, White, Sedonia Beige (Biscut), Bone (Almond) Chrome, Polished Brass.

And any Generic handle that works on the side of the tank too.

Lowes carries fill valves and flappers that work for the Toto.

Thank you again!

Well, my Ultramax is about 6-7 years old.

I just had to replace the red flapper, that was about $9 at Lowes.

Then I found out the Korky fill valve they used to use in the Ultramax was leaking, and I ended up having to replace the fill valve, the $2.50 cap didn't work to fix the fill valve.

The Korky style fill valve was $16.09 + Shipping. Can be as much as $30 in some places.

Having just been through it, the only things that went in 6-7 years was the flapper and the fill valve. I recommend checking your tank periodically to make sure the valve is shutting off below the overflow tube. I didn't hear the fill valve leaking, and a lot of people have said the same thing.

Korky says to clean the fill valve every so often, maybe once a year? I'd be curious what others think about that. From what I've seen, it might be better not to disturb the plastic and rubber parts unless you are having a problem. It took a long time for me to have a problem...

Lee