must read

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I have not had any problem with electric here lately.

I did build a new Light Bulb testing jig this week.

It is just a Lightbulb socket series wired into the hot side of a 2 Wire extension cord.

Works like a charm for testing, and before applying full power.

Nice Lightbulbs are getting harder to get. But the Socket will also let you use a Old School Fuse if you can find them. Or you can use a screw-in adapter to series a external Fuse, Lamp or load.

I can Post pictures. lol

Have Fun playing with electricity, and be safe doing it.

Last edited:

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
I'm still trying to remember the details on that magnetics-based low-voltage switching I encountered once.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; It is just a Lightbulb socket series wired into the hot side of a 2 Wire extension cord.

And I assume it only works when you have something connected to the end of the extension cord.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
quote; It is just a Lightbulb socket series wired into the hot side of a 2 Wire extension cord.

And I assume it only works when you have something connected to the end of the extension cord.

That is correct. That is the DUT Port. Device Under Test.

They are safe if you play with them properly.

Also have a place to clamp on a AC amp meter.

JW would Love this design.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks