Dipping my waters into the *Kaboom* setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
Picked up a Kaboom for the new *throne*.
For the hoses that go into the tube, and or the one that *feeds* the unit from the fill valve, should I cut the tubing as short as needed on both ends to maximize the water ?

In looking at how I have it', let's say about 6-8" of the extra hose slack + the volume of water in the device.....not sure how much LESS water is being put into the bowl due to this + or whether or not ultimately it will have any effects on the overall flush volume/performance..

Reach4

Reaction score
Flush with the Kaboom device in place. Let the tank fill. Note the height of the water in the bowl. Add water to the bowl from a pitcher etc. If the water level does not rise after the added water, the Kaboom is not blocking too much water.

I doubt that it matters, but there might be a tiny bit more water if you do your trimming on the output side of the cartridge instead of the inlet side, but the difference is probably not measurable.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Picked up a Kaboom for the new *throne*.
For the hoses that go into the tube, and or the one that *feeds* the unit from the fill valve, should I cut the tubing as short as needed on both ends to maximize the water ?

In looking at how I have it', let's say about 6-8" of the extra hose slack + the volume of water in the device.....not sure how much LESS water is being put into the bowl due to this + or whether or not ultimately it will have any effects on the overall flush volume/performance..
I tried one of those Kaboom things in my Toto Promenade toilet early last year. The tubing size was too small for the toilet setup, but I rigged it anyway. It did NOT work properly, much too much restriction. I wound up using the Kaboom in my older Kohler Memoirs toilet from 2006, where it worked properly. I no longer see those Kaboom cleaners in the stores, by the way. Internet yes. Brick and Mortar stores, no. Church and Dwight still shows it on their website, but could not find any (local anyway) stores in their where to buy search.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I use the Flush 'n' Sparkle from Fluidmaster on my old 3.5 gallon toilet. I added a pinch clamp to the hose to cut down on the excessive refill water to save the life of the cartridge. That overfill is probably more a characteristic of the toilet, and your shorter fill and more compete emptying during the flush might make the Flush 'n' Sparkle still underfill for you. I went for the blue cartridge, but I would have used the white bleach cartridge if I were on sewer.

Chefwong

Reaction score
I did not even knew these things existed until I just so happen to google about Sani Gloss glazing and came across these -inline- cleaners.

I did not cut the tubing. I just increased the water fill a smigen before the top of the overflow tube just to make up for it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks