(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Please Recommend Water Treatment for newbie!

Default Please Recommend Water Treatment for newbie!

Hello, everyone. I'm looking for help on determining how to fix my water issues. I just got my water checked and these are the numbers:

Turbidity 0.8 NTU
    pH 6.2 SU
    Iron 2.2 mg/L
    Hardness 16 mg/L as CaCo3
    Lead 0.030 mg/L
    Copper 0.33 mg/L
    Nitrates+Nitrites Not Detected
    Total Coliforms, E. Coli, Sand: Absent

I'm on a 15 year old well with original well pump. I have an old softener system that is currently being bypassed. I don't know why it would have been used, since the Hardness level is in "soft" range according to the lab.
    I was surprised by the Lead reading, given that we're on a well and our house was built in 1999, but I am getting it checked again to make sure it wasn't just the result of a cheap faucet. If the faucet isn't the issue, could the acidity of the water be pulling Lead from the well pump?
    I would like to have a whole-house system so that my pipes don't suffer from the acidity and iron issues. I am willing to do whole-house drinkable, or just fix the acid/iron for the house and then do a RO or other system at the kitchen if that is more economical.
    We do get the sulfur smell from time to time and I gather from reading here and elsewhere that that may be a HWH issue, but if these numbers indicate otherwise, I'm interested in fixing that as well.

Thanks very much for your help!

Default Water Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by racer1 View Post
    Hello, everyone. I'm looking for help on determining how to fix my water issues. I just got my water checked and these are the numbers:

Turbidity 0.8 NTU
    pH 6.2 SU
    Iron 2.2 mg/L
    Hardness 16 mg/L as CaCo3
    Lead 0.030 mg/L
    Copper 0.33 mg/L
    Nitrates+Nitrites Not Detected
    Total Coliforms, E. Coli, Sand: Absent

I'm on a 15 year old well with original well pump. I have an old softener system that is currently being bypassed. I don't know why it would have been used, since the Hardness level is in "soft" range according to the lab.
    I was surprised by the Lead reading, given that we're on a well and our house was built in 1999, but I am getting it checked again to make sure it wasn't just the result of a cheap faucet. If the faucet isn't the issue, could the acidity of the water be pulling Lead from the well pump?
    I would like to have a whole-house system so that my pipes don't suffer from the acidity and iron issues. I am willing to do whole-house drinkable, or just fix the acid/iron for the house and then do a RO or other system at the kitchen if that is more economical.
    We do get the sulfur smell from time to time and I gather from reading here and elsewhere that that may be a HWH issue, but if these numbers indicate otherwise, I'm interested in fixing that as well.

Thanks very much for your help!

In your water I think sulpher is in very high rate so you haveremove this.For this you can buy a good water filter.I think a RO system may be economical.