Delta handle installation on PP stem?

Users who are viewing this thread

jlsmith2004

Reaction score
remodeling bathroom with Price Pfister valve body in tub/shower. found great Delta handles to match decor. any info regarding fitting Delta "D-shaped" recess in handle to PP "star-shaped" post on stem?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Change the valve? From what I hear, and from limited practical experience, it is highly unlikely you'd get them to fit. Now, if you were REALLY handy, AND the diameter of the existing stem was big enough, you MIGHT be able to machine the stem to fit, but, you'd probably spend more than it would cost to replace the valve and get the handles you want.

e-plumber

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Delta handle installation on PP stem

Why not just buy new PP trim for the PP valve?
The two brands are not interchangeable.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
delta

That is like putting a Chevrolet part on a Ford. They are not interchangable, and Price Pfister has handles that will match most Delta trim. In the process you should upgrade the PP unit to the new technology.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Plumbers get this question so often that sometimes I would just like to reach out and choke someone! So if some of the replies you receive to this question are a little testy, please be patient with us.

Faucets are not "universal" any more that cars are. You dont go to the Ford dealer to get parts for your CHevvy. You don't call the Maytag man to fix your GE refrigerator.

So, you need to select some Price Pfister handles which suit your style.

jlsmith2004

Reaction score
complete

thanks for the input. modification of the PP stems took approximately 8 minutes on a bench grinder. as the homeowner, I now have the look I wanted without the hassle or expense of installing a new valve body. this was fortunately a very straightforward "customization."

now if I can just get some ideas for installing Corvette quarter panels on my Ford Pinto . . .

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quarter panels

Maybe they need about 20 minutes on the bench grinder. You asked for our ideas and received them and then did your own thing. If you ever sell the house and the faucets have to be repaired, the next owner is going to be less than thrilled to find out that they do not have Delta stems and there are no stems made like that, and that they are going to have to use a bench grinder for about 8 minutes to make new ones. I would be interested in seeing what was so special about those Delta handles, and how you got the to work with the PP escutcheons/flanges, and I assume you still have the old PP compression type stems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks