Cistern problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Summertime

Reaction score
We put in a concrete cistern when we moved into our house 11 years ago. It's been a great help for our vegetables and perennials since we're on a well. Any rain we get is channeled from the gutters on half our house into the cistern. We just had two inches of rain. That amount fills the cistern, but when we went to use it, only a few inches was in the bottom. I can't figure out what's happening. And how can we determine what the problem is?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Make sure your water lines are closed off, add some water to the cistern and see if it gets out. You either have a water line open, the tank is cracked, or the rain gutter is plugged up. I just cleaned out my gutters, the leaves were not letting a drop out the downspout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks