Soiree Install Issue...don't think it will work! Please help.

Users who are viewing this thread

jbf

Reaction score
Thanks for the great photos. Now you have me thinking there is a slim chance. I think I need to find a local install or showroom to do my own close inspection.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Thanks for the great photos. Now you have me thinking there is a slim chance. I think I need to find a local install or showroom to do my own close inspection.

The Terry install pictures with the 90-degree turn where the supply comes out of the wall is something you should consider. Take a look at the Dahl skirted toilet installation thingy -- it combines a 90 with a top-quality ball valve shutoff. I think that's what's in Terry's picture. http://www.dahlvalve.com/products/mini-ball-valves/skirted-toilet-kits.php

mikkifinn

Reaction score
I am back to report that, after reading your replies, Reach4, jadnashua & wjcandee, I called the Toto tech people and also spent some time talking to them. The Toto guy was very nice, and he thought that my toilet was already roughed in at 10" on a 12" b/c it was sitting too far from the wall. However, he thought it would work, and suggested the 10" unifit as a back-up.

I talked to my plumber & he came over to check it out. He said it was a 12", but the tank was 2" shallower than it was supposed to be. Like I said, almost everything about that ProFlo was a hot mess. So, I went ahead & ordered the Soiree, and the 10" unifit adapter, just to be on the safe side.

He installed it today, and as it turned out, the 12" was fine and I still have space between the back of the toilet and the pipes. The valve was fine, too, although the edge of the base of the toilet pushes the bottom collar of the valve up a bit, but it is still level.

As I have learned with old houses, the thing you think is going to be the problem usually never is...it usually turns out to be some other random, unforeseen thing. In this case, everything fit fine, but when my plumber had to drill into the tile for the extra 2 bolts, the tile was so hard that it was almost impossible for him to get through, and he had to use several different bits and a hammer & chisel to break it.

So, thank you so much for your advice and support. The Soiree looks great, and hopefully will live up to the hype on its flushing performance.

jbf, good luck with your situation. I hope it works.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The only thing I've found reliable on some hard porcelain is a diamond bit. Sometimes you can do it with a carbide bit, but not always. SOme porcelain is nearly as hard as diamonds.

Glad it's in, and I'm sure you'll be impressed...these toilets are well designed. The only thing I ever do to mine is a water quality thing. The flapper valves last me maybe 5-years before they get soft and start to leak. The easy way to tell is to see if the lip is still horizontal...if it is curving, and the middle is dropping, eventually, it will fall so far into the hole because of the water pressure above it, it will start to leak. How fast that happens depends on your water, and the chemicals you (you should never add any!) or the water company put in it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks