Parts needed for this old timer. Fleck water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Ankhseeker

Reaction score
I have had this water softener in my house since I bought it 5 years ago. It looks pretty old. I need one of the micro switches for it as it doesn't work properly anymore. Can anyone tell me what brand this is? There are two of these timer assy's in my system. One for the brine tank and the other for the calcite filter. Any ideas where I can get some documentation for it? Not clear on the red and white dial rings settings.

Attachments

• water softner timer.jpg
    water softner timer.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,694

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
That is an oldy but a goody, shows the life of FLECK for sure..... just keeps going.

check your messages.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Wow, an old intermatic timer on a Fleck, you dont see many of those still in existence. See if you can find a date on that thing, it is probably over 30 years old.

Now... I hate to say it but... you might want to budget for a system made prior to end of the Vietnam War.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
That is an oldy but a goody, shows the life of FLECK for sure..... just keeps going.

check your messages.

So You do not want to share ?

You can buy a switch for it at Mouser Electronics, or other online sellers.

You can also repair it, But it is better to replace it if the contacts are burnt up.

Have Fun.

Ankhseeker

Reaction score
Wow, an old intermatic timer on a Fleck, you dont see many of those still in existence. See if you can find a date on that thing, it is probably over 30 years old.

Now... I hate to say it but... you might want to budget for a system made prior to end of the Vietnam War.

Hehehe. 1/14/76 ;-) I know that each has had a new motor and switches installed at least once since it came into my new houselife.

*If it works......

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
If you take the switch(es) out of the system, there should be p/n information printed on them, as well as contact info -- e.g., "C" for common, "NO" for normally open, and "NC" for normally closed. With all that information, you can probably find an exact replacement. I've found them for airplanes built in the 1940s, so a modern-day (relatively speaking) commercial application should be easy. Odds are they are true Micro switches (i.e., made by Micro Switch, now owned by Honeywell). Mouser might be better than McMaster-Carr for matching OEM part numbers.

Ankhseeker

Reaction score
I want to thank everyone that responded to my plea for help. I have an ammo box full of bullets ready to tackle this. Hopefully it will be a piece of cake. I watched the repair guy replace those micro switches before and it should be easy. It was just a curiosity for info on the rest of the system makeup ie: intermatic timer and fleck 1500sm valve. I have learned so much so far, and there is much more to absorb. Thanks!

Phil Hines

Reaction score
I too am looking for information on this. I need to know how to set it.

Attachments

• IMG_20161211_104927844.jpg
    IMG_20161211_104927844.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 228

Phil Hines

Reaction score
I too am looking for information on this. I need to know how to set it.
Thank you.
I'm also now questioning whether I have a filter or a softener. It is in the system before a Kinetico with Sulfer Guard. My water tested 10g hard, 3ppm iron, pH 6.3, turbidity 36, everything else good. The system was all unhooked when I bought the house in a forclosure with nobody to ask. Any way of telling what's in it without pulling the valve and looking?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks