(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: parts needed for this old timer. Fleck water softener

Default parts needed for this old timer. Fleck water softener

I have had this water softener in my house since I bought it 5 years ago. It looks pretty old. I need one of the micro switches for it as it doesn't work properly anymore. Can anyone tell me what brand this is? There are two of these timer assy's in my system. One for the brine tank and the other for the calcite filter. Any ideas where I can get some documentation for it? Not clear on the red and white dial rings settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That is an oldy but a goody, shows the life of FLECK for sure..... just keeps going.

check your messages.

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, an old intermatic timer on a Fleck, you dont see many of those still in existence. See if you can find a date on that thing, it is probably over 30 years old.

Now... I hate to say it but... you might want to budget for a system made prior to end of the Vietnam War.

Quote Originally Posted by Akpsdvan View Post
    That is an oldy but a goody, shows the life of FLECK for sure..... just keeps going.

check your messages.

So You do not want to share ?

You can buy a switch for it at Mouser Electronics, or other online sellers.

You can also repair it, But it is better to replace it if the contacts are burnt up.

Have Fun.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

Quote Originally Posted by ditttohead View Post
    Wow, an old intermatic timer on a Fleck, you dont see many of those still in existence. See if you can find a date on that thing, it is probably over 30 years old.

Now... I hate to say it but... you might want to budget for a system made prior to end of the Vietnam War.
    Hehehe. 1/14/76 ;-) I know that each has had a new motor and switches installed at least once since it came into my new houselife.

*If it works......

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, that is great! It is a work horse and amazingly, it can still be repaired.

If you are looking for the red/black microswitch, those are common switches available at McMaster Carr, http://www.mcmaster.com/#micro-switches/=oy5848 or just about any place that sells general elctrical components.

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek Mikey's Avatar

If you take the switch(es) out of the system, there should be p/n information printed on them, as well as contact info -- e.g., "C" for common, "NO" for normally open, and "NC" for normally closed. With all that information, you can probably find an exact replacement. I've found them for airplanes built in the 1940s, so a modern-day (relatively speaking) commercial application should be easy. Odds are they are true Micro switches (i.e., made by Micro Switch, now owned by Honeywell). Mouser might be better than McMaster-Carr for matching OEM part numbers.

I want to thank everyone that responded to my plea for help. I have an ammo box full of bullets ready to tackle this. Hopefully it will be a piece of cake. I watched the repair guy replace those micro switches before and it should be easy. It was just a curiosity for info on the rest of the system makeup ie: intermatic timer and fleck 1500sm valve. I have learned so much so far, and there is much more to absorb. Thanks!

Is your resin 30 plus years old too?
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]