I think I screwed up my hopes for a Steam Shower... Actually, I know I did...

Users who are viewing this thread

JT23

Reaction score
Building a house and the plans were in place, the framing was done and the windows were ordered when I got the GRAND idea to do a Steam Shower. So, I notified my builder that what was to be a walk-in shower will now be a Steam Shower. So, we are proceeding as such. Now I'm doing research and here is the big mistake that dawned on me today... I insisted on having a casement window put in my shower when we first worked with the architect. So, when I was there today, looking at the installation of my Window in what is now to be my steam shower, I had a revelation... I have a wood-framed window in my steam shower. Oh gosh! That isn't going to work! No one caught that. I really want the natural light, but the more I research the more I realize I really should not have a window in a steam shower - especially one that opens and closes and is in a wood frame. The more I look and read, the more it sounds like I should can my steam shower plans or remove the window. The light in the shower from the window is very important to me. I want natural light in the shower. Is is possible to have a good-sized window in a steam shower? If so, Do I need to get a different window that doesn't open and close? I would say the light is more important to me than the steam. But I really would like the steam shower. Can I have both worlds? How? Ugh... I need someone like a John Whipple to tell me what he would do... "What Would Whipple do?"... or anyone else who has experience with steam showers and windows. I need to make a decision, and fast. Thanks!

JT23

Reaction score
Awesome!!! Okay - I will call and figure this out. After posting and doing more research until 2 in the morning, I see I need the expert. I will buzz you and we will setup a consult. And then I'm going to race over to my construction site and tell them to HALT on the shower progress... Eek!

JT23

Reaction score
Done!

Done! Screwed up - no good shots of the ceiling. Dang! Hopefully we can work with what I've got. Sent to you via email. Thank you!

Bring your camera - I need Eyes on the job. By Eye's I mean photo's of what has been done.

Last steam shower I helped with we needed to issue a stop work order and get it all redone. Steam showers need to be designed and built with someone with five years experience. This is both a TCNA or TTMAC requirement. This means you can not say you have read instructions for a steamer and are an expert.

Thanks for the call just know Jen - look forward to our meeting tomorrow.

Pictures of the shower floor. Shower Drain. Walls all three. Ceiling. The more the better.

When we work out a window detail we can share this here so the info helps more people.

Attachments

• More shower.jpg
    More shower.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 526
  • Shower from outside.jpg
    Shower from outside.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 545
  • Shower Head control location.jpg
    Shower Head control location.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 676
  • Shower Looking from outside in.jpg
    Shower Looking from outside in.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 524
  • Shower view from closet.jpg
    Shower view from closet.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 554

JT23

Reaction score
Awesome phone consult! Thank you John - I have some work to do and I'm glad I do not have to give up my steam shower dream!!! Look forward to the next consultation. THANK YOU!!!!

JT23

Reaction score
Awesome! I SO, SO, SO appreciate the drawings and specifications. A basic shower design would be new territory for me, the steam shower is really getting "out there" for me. I'm just an old computer nerd turned real estate agent. I need this kind of documentation. Thank you!!!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks