(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with 11" rough in - which toilet?

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

If the toilet's still in place (the old one), take some foam or something and tape it to the front of it so it then sticks out say that 28", then see if it's an issue or not. Should only take a few minutes to set up, and you won't lose the use of the toilet in the process. Live with it say for a day. Hate to guess. It's something you'll be living with for years.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

No, the toilet was removed - which I'm glad for, as it helped make everything clearer.
    I went ahead and ordered the round bowl, right height Cadet Pro. From the wall, it's 26.25, plus the half inch forward for the wonky rough in, so we should be fine. It cost $290.28 with 9% tax, and will cost $215 to install. Yikes. Still less than the Kohler, and shorter too. The Toto Drake would have been right at the same price, but I was afraid it would reach out too much. I may go ahead and change the other bath too, as they will give me a good install discount if I do them at the same time.
    Again, thanks everyone. I really appreciate all the input, and will come back to report how I like it.