Contolling Circulator Pump by water temperature

Users who are viewing this thread

cicerored

Reaction score
Hello,

I need to install a controller or aquastat that will turn on/off my recirculation pump which is connected to my tankless water heater with external storage tank. I am looking for reocommendations.

I am converting from an old boiler water to a high efficiency tankless unit (for commercial hot water). The new tankless unit heats water when it senses flow (unlike the old boiler). So when the water in the storage tank drops below about 110, I need the pump to turn on to create water flow to turn on the tankless unit. When the water temperature in the storage tank reaches about 130, I need it to turn off the pump to stop the tankless unit from firing.

I kind of get the idea a 3 function aquastat is what I need (hi, lo, diff) but any help would be appreciated. Also, does the immersion bulb funtion as the thermostat on such an aquastat? The old boiler had an aquastat and immersion bulb, but it was wired up to the burner only. The circulator runs/ran all the time to the boiler and storage tank loop

Oh, I the pump I want to contrl is an 1/6 hp lochinvar operating on 120v circuit.

Last edited:

cicerored

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this with solution. I found a RANCO ETC-111000 which is like a digital version of an aquastat and includes a sensor. It is like a temparature controlled on/off switch.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks