(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: prep to paint cement floor.

We haven't heard from Snowman, Tom, in a long time, I tried emailing him several times. In the beginning of this thread it tells about using Muriatic Acid first and some other tips. I really would not paint raw concrete, (without preparation) I doubt it would stick. And, yes! his floors are beautiful.
    Last edited by Cookie; 08-13-2009 at 09:21 AM.

Default prep to paint cement floor

Cookie,
    Thanks for the tip, and sorry to hear that Snowman's not posting any more. I've had a couple of contractors say to use this two-part epoxy process, but I was so impressed with Snowman's results with water-based latex. He makes it look easy.

Default tile

I painted my patio to simulate flagstone rather than tile. But the process is the same. A base coat in the grout color, masking tape to make the joints, and then the tile, (or flagstone colors in my case), applied over it. I apply a clear satin finish sealer over it every couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by motherbeardancing View Post
    Cookie,
    Thanks for the tip, and sorry to hear that Snowman's not posting any more. I've had a couple of contractors say to use this two-part epoxy process, but I was so impressed with Snowman's results with water-based latex. He makes it look easy.
    He is a Principal of a high school the kids probably drove him crazy! I can't say I don't understand it. You can do the floor, make sure you post a picture when all finished, and let us know how you did it.

Alton.cedric

I know someone did that and it like to never dryed plus with moisture a basement has you have to get the right paint i would suggest asking someone at Lowes or home depot or a well trained painter. it can be a headache really.