Parts: (prefer Indianapolis), Fleck 5600 on Aqua-Pure water softener?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an Aqua-pure water softener with a Fleck 5600 controller that I need a source of parts for, and ANY advice on my problem.

Aqua-pure Model # 5564003 Serial # 414485-00373535

Does anybody know of a place in the INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA area that stocks this stuff?

Failing this, who is a QUICK reasonably priced online distributor?

The Fleck Dealer locator doesn't work on their website.

The Aqua-pure Dealer locator so far lists dealers that when I call, they DON'T even carry Aqua-pure and act baffled why I even called them.

The softener began recently getting stuck in the recharge cycle at the backwash phase.

When I turn the Manual Recharge handle, it turns with much resistance.

It's my guess with what little i know, that I need to replace the Piston and Seals assembly.
And for good measure, replace the Brine Valve piston assembly.

Any advice would be welcomed.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Sounds like you are on the right track. Seal/spacer kit, piston assy, I would also replace the brine valve since you will have the valve torn apart. The motor may need replacing too, but I will leave that up to you. It is easy to test and replace later if needed.

It is a very easy valve to rebuild with just a screwdriver.

PM sent as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks