Help me identify and remove this Delta shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Drfranks

Reaction score
I put a pipe wrench on the chrome piece and turned it clockwise many times. It doesn't seem to unscrew. It feels like there is the constant friction from the rubber ring when I turn it. I tried wiggling it straight out but was afraid I would break something. It didn't seem to budge. Trying to fix the constant dripping.

I see another thread says it is a 1500 Series Pressure Balance valve. What is the trick to removing this? I presume I don't turn the white plastic nut or the big white part (probably the cartridge).

Attachments

• delta faucet.jpg
    delta faucet.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The chrome tub slides off. If it's Delta, there will be a round brass thread on, which can be difficult if it has become stiff. I sometimes use heat to expand that brass thread on, and then spin it off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks